Like a good thriller, every cup of hot chocolate should have a twist.
That’s not necessarily a fact.
It probably is. But since we aren’t completely sure, let’s call it a hypothesis that must be tested.
TASTE TESTED. By us, the bookworms of the world. It’s our duty!
There has never been a better time to conduct this taste test because… it’s National Cocoa Day! So please, join us in celebrating from whatever country you find yourself in this weekend.
So at least two of our favorite feisty females enjoy hot chocolate. Reason enough to proceed with the taste test? Onward!
Below are some TWISTS on your standard hot chocolate: I don’t condone all of these, but hey – go for it and help me report back on whether hot chocolate is like a thriller, in that it’s better with a twist!
- Add a dash of hot sauce or even a couple slices of habanero pepper to your hot chocolate. That’ll wake you right up!
- Wanna drink your daily dose of protein? Add a tablespoon or two of peanut butter and stir until melted. Or, for that matter, you could use Nutella.
- Okay, now this one’s just plain over the top. Poste Brasserie and Bar in Washington, D.C. serves a hot chocolate with bourbon… topped with a bacon cayenne marshmallow. I sure hope somebody in or near D.C. can report back to us on this one!
- A little less on the crazy side and more on the almost-definitely-delicious side, we have a white hot chocolate… (recipe here)
- and an Earl Grey Hot Chocolate (recipe here)
So? Which one do you fancy? Do you agree that hot chocolate is better with a twist?
Happy National Cocoa Day!