As a crime writer, I love DNA to the moon and back.
Seriously— DNA is so valuable for clues and evidence in the books I write, I don’t know what I’d do without it. Well, no one would exist without it. But you know what I mean.
DNA is frequently the subject of mind-bending news during my research. Stuff you just know I’m going to find a use for in one of my books, sooner or later. Right?
Here are 5 recent, weird, and TRUE pieces of DNA news:
- A Washington man learned that, technically, the father of his son was someone who was never born.
- Scientists and an artist partnered to artificially grow an ear made of Vincent Van Gogh’s actual DNA.
- A study shows that secondary DNA can be found at crime scenes. In other words, DNA could be present from someone who shook hands with someone who then held a knife that was used in a murder.
- This one is a bit disturbing. It’s about hot dogs. In case you’re eating breakfast, I won’t tell you anything except… click if you dare.
- And my fifth piece of recent, weird, and true DNA news for you is….
Some of us may be hard-wired to crave high-calorie, high-fat foods.
So #5 tells me that my coffee addiction might not be genetic, but it’s not my fault that I’m craving a big piece of pumpkin cheesecake right now, right?!
Speaking of indulging…
Have you entered my #Kobo #AuraH2O #Giveaway yet???
For details and to enter, CLICK HERE!