As a mystery author, I’m convinced that the greater the variety of facts you know, the more intrigue it’s possible to insert into a story. My books take place all around the world, from Florida to Michigan to Rome. You’d be surprised what kind of details come into play sometimes when I’m researching and writing […]
Tag Archives | Detroit
You know Motown is a portmanteau, right? I only know the word because I’m from Michigan, and draw on the state’s history in the books I write. A portmanteau in this case is when you blend two words to make a new word. Like ‘spork’, or ‘liger.’ In this case, ‘motor’ and ‘town’ join to form Motown, […]
“Full of thrills and tension – but smart and human too.”
Lee Child, #1 World Wide Bestselling Author of Jack Reacher Thrillers
- 3 of My Upcoming Appearances (You’re Invited!)
- Is ancestry.com an invasion of privacy?
- 5 #Superyacht Features That Will Make You Want To Live in Luxury
- The #Book That Pairs Well With #Bacon
- Q&A with Diane Capri about Thrills, Suspense, and the Writing Process
- Where this NYT Bestselling Author Gets Her Ideas
- Shooting Accurately Underwater: Is It Possible?
- New Trailer for Heir Hunter Series Hits YouTube