Maybe ‘addicted’ is too strong a word. I’m not dependent on Twitter. But I’ve never tried to quit.
And I don’t plan on doing so any time soon. Why? Because it’s fun! (And useful, too!)
Here are just a few of the ways I use Twitter:
- To live tweet events, like Lee Child’s video chat the other day (For those unfamiliar, live tweeting is when you remark on an event in real time as it’s happening and interact with other Twitter users following the same event.)
- To meet other authors and share news about our books
- To share quotes — literary, inspirational, and just plain funny
- To provide short, quick updates from conferences. For example, last week I attended the NINC (Novelists, Inc.) Conference in St. Pete, FL. While I’m there, I tweeted updates from the conference using #NINC
- To announce specials, giveaways, and new releases
- To procrastinate:
Here are several users I follow that I’d recommend:
- @LeeChildReacher – To keep up with the worldwide bestselling author of the Jack Reacher thrillers
- @TheTwelveXII – This is the group I write the Flight 12 series with. Monthly giveaways are announced from this account.
- @BethDexter – I follow her tweets about general bookishness, true crime mysteries, and insider TV journalism stuff.
- @KitchenDaily – They offer appetite-inducing recipes, cooking tips, and other tempting kitchen ideas
- @MondayBlogs – Every Monday, this account shares interesting blogs from around the world.
- @ao_BookQuotes – Daily quotes from all kind of books
Do you use Twitter? My handle is @DianeCapri. If you have an account, hop on over and follow me! I’ll follow back. (If I don’t, give me a nudge!)