Lee Child’s new novel, Personal, was released this week, and boy, what a media whirlwind it’s been. The guy’s been doing book signings at Barnes and Noble and other bookstores, attending question and answer sessions, and he appeared on CBS This Morning. Next week he’s throwing out the first pitch at a New York Yankees game. Oh, and by the way, he claims he started his next novel this week. The guy’s amazing!
Oh, and, in case you missed it amid all the Lee Child Mania, I released a book this week, too. 🙂 That tops today’s Sunday Special:
1. Depending on how you look at it, this new release is actually FIVE books. My new collection Hit the Road Jack is now available for your reading pleasure in both ebook and paperback. For more info, CLICK HERE.
2. Last week, I promised you we’d hold a giveaway here on my blog soon. Friends, the time has come. It’s time for a QUICK THRILLS GIVEAWAY!
The prize? A signed paperback copy of Fatal Distraction. To enter, simply leave a comment below listing five things you have done or plan to do this weekend. The winner will be chosen randomly through random.org.
3. One thing I’m working on now is a new Willa Carson novella I’m writing for Unlucky 7. The title is Cold Justice. Here’s a look at an old mental hospital I toured this week for research. Creepy, isn’t it??
Don’t forget to comment below with 5 things you’re doing this weekend!
I baked brownies for only the second time in my life, cleaned out the hen-house, signed an anti-fracking petition, ordered some medication online and, sadly, finished on a ‘Personal’ note!
Julie, my sympathies go out to you for finishing “Personal.” 🙂 I feel your pain.
Five things for the weekend, worked Saturday at work, clean house, buy groceries, get on facebook and work in the yard.
That’s quite an active weekend, Theresa. Hope you got some rest in there as well.
Well if you insist on seeing my boring life. Lol 1) Catch up on sleep-check. 2) do dishes 100 times-check 3) do 10 loads of laundry-check 4) pick up.scripts from.pharmacy-today 5) Make my adult sons move out-Trying!!!
Ah, Vicki, such is life. Sounds like you’re making progress on at least 4 out of 5 fronts! 😉
I will never get #5. They just can’t get enough of Mom and Dad obviously, lol!
That old mental hospital is creepy looking – I wonder what it looks like today? Is it still being used for another purpose? My five things to-do this weekend are 1) help my niece with her nursing school homework, 2) work on a few items on her bridal checklist, 3) grocery shop, 4) laundry, and most importantly, 5) finish reading Personal. What a great weekend! 🙂
Some of the buildings on the site have been renovated for modern use, Roseanne.
Hope you enjoyed your weekend!
My things to do this weekend is to try and get some more things moved were we are going to move to.. Get this place finished to put it up for sale. Read in between all of this.
I know moving is a hassle, Judy. I hope it’s going as smoothly as possible…
My five things: mow yard, weed flower bed, buy mulch and spread in flower bed, buy groceries (partially done), wash car (done)
Crystal, hope the weather was nice for your weekend outside!
Here is my list of five things I’m doing this weekend: 1. Trying to keep my son away from video games. 2. Cooking meals to ensure my husband has REAL food for his graveyard shifts this weekend. 3. Reclining and reading surrounded by my dogs. 4. Attempting to teach my son to “borrow” in subtraction. 5. Trying to help my daughter organize her cesspool of a room.
Thanks for your wonderful newsletters and all the things you do for your readers.
Michelle, you have some real challenges on your list here. I admire your commitment to your family. Thanks for sharing, and thanks for reading!
Five things this weekend: 1. Try out my new walking shoes. 2. Have lunch with a friend. 3. Go to Sunday excersis class. 4. Finish Personal. 5. Watch college football.
A well-rounded weekend, Ann. I hope you enjoyed every minute of it. (And I hope your team won??)
My Bookish Week-end to-do list!
#1 – Go to the Bookmarks Festival of Books and Authors in Winston-Salem, NC (saw Eric Litwin, Margaret Stohl, Brendan Reichs, Karen Abbott, Maggie Stiefvater, Lev Grossman and Robert Morgan and totally blew my book-buying budget.)
#2 – Finish reading the Magicians by Lev Grossman so that I can start Personal by Lee Child.
#3 – Watch the current episode of TV series Outlander based on Diana Gabaldon’s book.
#4 – Listen to my favorite audiobook narrator, Katherine Kellgren, read Rapture of the Deep: Being an Account of the Further Adventures of Jacky Faber, Soldier, Sailor, Mermaid, Spy while doing laundry and housework. This is book #7 in my most recent audiobook obsession the Bloody Jack series by L.A. Meyer.
#5 – Listen to/read at least 50 pages in A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness while riding the exercise bike.
Wow, Yvonne, you’ve been a busy woman!
Checked out some beautiful back roads and a lake nearby for the first time, fed some big hungry koi at a local business, church this a.m., dinner with friends tonight, and maybe a walk this afternoon down a path I have wanted to try for awhile.
Laurie, what a very, very peaceful weekend. Hope you made it to that path. Exploring is good for the soul. 🙂
2.Going to the Racetrack
3.Hangout with my girlfriend for her Birthday
4.Went to see a Blues Band
5.Reading some HOT Books
Everyone have a Great Weekend!
Dora, besides the laundry part, your weekend sounds like a blast! Thank you for sharing.
REVIEW 2 BOOKS
LOOK AT THE HUMMINGBRIDS
Now THIS is what weekends are for! Go, Linda!
Went to the doctor.
Go to the hardware store.
Finish the book I am reading.
Dinner with friends.
Hope you are well, Barbara. Glad you got to do a few relaxing activities this weekend.
Eat lunch with a fried
Do a little shopping
Go to church
Read a good book
Take a nap
Debbie, you must be doing something right! Looks like you set yourself up to have a very nice weekend. Thank you for sharing.
oops I replied at the wrong place crochet dishrags watch football read murder of a needled knitter pick tomatoes and spend time with my other half and our chiwahwahs after church. thanks so much!!
What a variety of activities, Peggy! Hope you enjoyed!
5 things I have done or plan to do this weekend:
1: do the dishes
2: wash clothes
3: vacuum living room
4: clean bathroom
5: organize bedroom
Well, Patricia, that doesn’t sound like the most fun weekend… but sometimes getting everything cleaned and organized can make Mon-Fri infinitely better. Hope you were able to make some good progress.
1.READ THE SUNDAY PAPER(NEWSPRINT) 2. HAVE MY JUICE & CUP OF TEA 3. TAKE MY A.M. MEDS 4.WASH & DRESS-CAUSAL AS NO PLANS TO LEAVE THE PROPERTY 5. OPEN THE COMPUTER AND OFF I GO ON MY ADVENTURES AND HERE I AM!!!!!!!!
Sally- Cheers to adventures & casual wear!
1. I made cupcakes for the first time in my life.
2. vacuumed the carpet.
3. Laundry all done.
4. Made Shepherd’s pie with carmalized onions instead of corn. Smells so good in here.
5. Trimmed the day lilies down, they were going all yellow anyways.
This is a fun contest.
I can almost smell the Shepherd’s pie from here, Marjorie! Sounds like it would have been a great weekend to be a visitor in your house. 🙂
1. Healing from recent surgery.
2. Spend much need time with my kids and hubby.
3. Help daughter with cooking.
4. Watch a movie with family at home.
Hope you’ve had a restful weekend and a smooth recovery, Bobbi.
Five things I did this week-end:
1. My daughter and family came over to Disney World for dinner with us Fri. eve.
2. All day Fri. and Sat. I attended a pin trading event in Epcot at Disney World.
3. Took some major pain pills – aching from standing in lines 8 hours each day.
4. My other daughter and family came over to pin trade in Downtown Disney on Sun.
5. Recouping from walking and standing for 3 days. A hot bath sounds really good!!
Bonnie- Disney is all fun and games until you get to the part about miles of walking and standing in lines! I hear ya on the hot bath. 🙂
This weekend I plan to do the same 5 things I plan every weekend. I plan to do laundry, pack up stuff to take to the thrift store, read the books on NetGalley I want to read although I much prefer printed books, start sorting said printed books and organizing my house. What I get done is doing the dishes (I live along so that means every couple of days I get enough dishes dirty to make washing them worthwhile), playing some video games, and taking out the trash for garbage pickup Monday morning.
That sounds like a very productive weekend, Susan.
1) ran 20 miles
2) took a 1/2 hour nap
3) drank 2 bottles of water, a pint of chocolate milk and a bottle of Gatorade
4) ate lunch
5) watched a movie
20 miles?! Geez, Pat! Are you training for a marathon? You sure earned that pint of chocolate milk!
1. Church on Sunday
2. Yarkwork – got to get rid of those blackberry vines
3. Listen to the SF Giants vs Detroit Tigers baseball games, so far so good
4. Read a good book
5. Visit with Mom
1.help neighbor shovel rock
2.make sandwiches for homeless people
3.take granddaughters to church and then swimming at YMCA
4.help son-in-law build deck in backyard
5.vacuum house for wife
Norm, your list warms my heart. What a generous neighbor/citizen /grandfather/ father-in-law/husband you are! Thanks for sharing.
CLEANED MY CLOSET, WENT OUTSIDE, READ A BOOK, WENT TO CHURCH,WATCH THE TENNIS MATCHES.
Clean my house
play with my puppy
have friends over for dinner
1. Visit my grandkids
2. work in the garden
3. wash the car
4. clean the house
I read info for the blind on telephone every Saturday.
Feed and water the critters; a daily chore.
Read and post a review.
Visit Coldstone for ice cream.
1) Go take a morning photo from an old fire tower in Muskoka Ontario. Fall is here, sun will be bright, and I will have miles upon miles to see.
2) Go back to the same fire tower and shoot the setting sun! Should be brilliant sunset Saturday.
3) With solar flares helping the visibility of the northern lights, we might get to see them in Muskoka. Happens only every few years. Maybe my lucky day! Oh yeah, will be taking pictures of these if I can!
4) Dinner with my much better half, at our favorite pizza joint in Bracebridge Ontario Canada. Oddly enough, this is our annual anniversary dinner.
5) Read. Relax, read some more. And………. order Hit then road Jack. You rock Diane
1. Work out on my Treadclimber. 2. Change the sheets on my bed. 3. Laundry. 4. Catch up on emails. 5. FINISH TAX RETURN!
This weekend I plan to do the following:
1) Study the Geometry for Dummies book so I can help my niece in Geometry.
2) Take care of my Mother
4) Pamper the cat
5) Do Housework
5 Things To Do This Weekend
Put away summer items
Go to Grandsons hockey game
Taking Grandson to see WWE
Weekend to-do list:
Lowe’s build and grow clinic
Choosing paint colors for bedroom and bathroom