Coffee – How do you love it?

We all know that I’m a coffee fiend. Recently, I asked readers to tell me their favorite hot beverage. You know. The one they curl up with when they’re reading a great book. Because I always have a drink nearby, and I figured my readers do, too.

Turns out that was a good guess.

More than 80% of the readers who responded to my question said their favorite beverage was black coffee. (Which, incidentally, is my favorite, too.) The remaining 20% enjoyed coffee with cream or sugar or both, tea, hot chocolate, and a variety of other beverages (some with alcohol and some without).

If you follow me on Facebook, you already know I post a lot of coffee memes. People enjoy them. Seems like coffee drinkers have a sense of humor around their favorite beverage, too. You can check out our favorites here: 

I write several different fiction series and very often I find my characters enjoying all the various coffees I like. One of my favorites is Cuban Cafe con Leche. If you’re a coffee lover and  haven’t tried it, you’re missing out! You don’t need to make a trip to Spain or Cuba or even Miami or Tampa to enjoy this one. Recipes abound. Here’s one that works well:

How about you? When you’re curling up with a good book and it’s a little cold outside, what’s your favorite hot beverage?



Meanwhile —

Caffeinate and Carry On!

Diane Capri

p.s. Are you a member of the Diane Capri’s Exclusive Reading Group mailing list? It’s FREE! Just CLICK HERE to sign up and refer your friends, too. You’ll be glad you did, I promise. Can’t wait to see you there!


, , , , , , , , , , , , ,

One Response to Coffee – How do you love it?

  1. Bill Wright January 8, 2022 at 4:05 pm #

    Don’t rightly remember if I responded originally. Black coffee since forever, which, in my case, predates the War of the Roses (the REAL War of the Roses, not the movie…).

    Although, for about the last year, DB and I have been doing a coffee/chicory mix (about 30% chicory). We tried it after I re-read a couple of the Gin Blanco/Spider Assassin Urban Fantasy series books. I’d had such a blend before at Cafe du Monde in New Orleans but forgotten how good it was…

    Be well


Get Jack in the Green—Free!

Sign up FREE to my email list & start reading Jack in the Green in minutes...